Prohibited and Restricted Goods
The following items will NOT be accepted for carriage by KDA Logistics. This list includes items which are prohibited for carriage by any law, regulation or statute of any federal, state or local government of any country from, to or through which the items may be carried. For international carriage there may be additional prohibited items specified by the country of destination. KDA Logistics Solutions may at its sole discretion refuse to carry other items not listed below.
- We can ship fragile objects such as glass and ceramics, however they are not covered under our insurance.
- We can ship liquids at the sender’s risk, however they are not covered under our insurance.
- Antiques, works of art and fine art with an individual value in excess of EU50,000
- Banderols / Tax stickers
- Cash and cash like negotiable instruments in bearer form (including but not limited to bank notes, currency notes, coins, blank or activated credit / cash dispenser cards, blank cheques, lottery tickets, money or postal orders, pre-paid phone cards, tickets, travellers cheques, vouchers/ tokens and unused stamps)
- Complete firearms and firearm parts, (includes rifle butts, trigger mechanisms, screws / bolts etc. which are manufactured for the sole purpose of creating a functional firearm), ammunition, explosives, weapons
- Costume jewellery with an individual value in excess of £250 per item. The shipment must not exceed £1,000 per waybill.
- Dangerous / hazardous goods including but not limited to perfumes, aftershaves, aerosols, flammable substances, dry ice, biological substances, UN classified dangerous goods and any goods specified as such under International Air Transport Association regulations (“IATA”), the Agreement on Dangerous Goods by Road (“ADR”) or International Maritime Dangerous Goods (“IMDG”) regulations.
- Designer clothing, apparel, accessories with a value in excess of £1,000 per waybill
- Drugs and pharmaceutical products with a value in excess of £1,000 per waybill
- Electronic Items – In total no more than 2 electronic devices per package i.e. X-Box, iPod and other MP3 players, Blackberry or any other electronic components. Each package may not contain more than 2 lithium batteries which must be contained within the electronic device. The package must not exceed £1,000 in total value.
- Furs and ivory
- Human remains or ashes
- Illegal goods (these are goods which are considered illegal in the origin, the transit points and/or the destination countries and would include but not be limited to pirated goods, counterfeit goods and narcotics)
- Imitation (replica) firearms, toy guns, weapons, explosive devices or ammunition
- Insects, larvae, pupae etc.
- Jewellery and objects constructed of precious metal and/or stones with a value in excess of £1,000 per waybill
- Laptop Computers – No more than 1 laptop computer per package. Each package may not contain more than 1 lithium battery which must be contained within the laptop. The shipment must not exceed £1,000 per waybill
- Live animals (including but not limited to mammals, reptiles, birds and fish)
- Loose lithium batteries
- Loose precious stones
- Medical samples (including but not limited to bodily fluids and tissue samples)
- Mobile Telephones – No more than 2 mobile telephones together with accessories. Each package may not contain more than 2 lithium batteries which must be contained within the mobile telephones. The shipment must not exceed £1,000 per waybill
- Perishable items that require a temperature controlled environment (including but not limited to foodstuffs and flowers)
- Pornography (whether in printed, film or digital format)
- Tobacco, loose leaf tobacco products and pre-rolled cigarettes
- Watches in excess of £1,000 per waybill
- For shipments to the United Kingdoms, ink or toner cartridges and printing equipment containing ink or toner cartridges
- For all shipments other than to the United Kingdoms, any printing equipment containing toner or ink cartridges where the weight of the toner or ink cartridges exceeds 0.5kg
- Hazardous goods appear on the Prohibited Items List, therefore no hazardous parcels may be booked via the website. The booking of any hazardous substance made on the website is a direct contravention of the Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
Contact us with your Requirements
- If you are in any doubt about whether an item you are wishing to send via parcel is deemed as hazardous, please contact our customer service team on email@example.com who will help you identify the class of your goods, and will inform you as to whether there is a suitable shipping option available to you.